The Virginia Coalition for Immigrant Rights (VACIR) is grassroots movement focused on the advancement of civil rights for the immigrant community. We are dedicated to assisting community organizations provide quality information and legal services for President Obama’s immigration Executive Orders, better known as the deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) and Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents (DAPA).
VACIR seeks to increase the civic involvement, community advocacy, and partnerships among immigration outreach community groups. We strongly supports national immigration reform and believe that true reform should:
- Offer a short and direct path to citizenship for all aspiring immigrants already in the United States
- Respect the dignity of every individual and end the mass detention and deportation of immigrants
- Reunite and strengthen families through the elimination of immigration backlogs
- Build trust between immigrant communities and local police by limiting state and local enforcement of federal immigration
- Honor our history as a nation of immigrants by welcoming, celebrating, and promoting the full economic and political integration of this most recent generation of immigrants
We advocate, organize, and mobilize. Join Us!